30 July 2006

i like my balcony

My balcony is my favorite part of this apartment. It's shaded, a bit breezey due to the height, and has a nice lil' chair and table for me to relax. And since it's been so disgustingly hot here lately and I have no fans or the like to keep this place cooler, well, it's about the only hospitable part of my apartment.

This weekend I'm stuck "under house arrest" since I'm oncall. It's not been a problem so far. I enjoyed a relaxing Friday evening before the oncall started at 0600 Saturday. And then Saturday I got myself paged and paged and paged again in the morning, and kept napping, and finally collapsed into a heap of Yvette mush around 1830... Did wake up for a bit - but I feel much more human since I've spent far too many nights this week awake late - including a 5+ hour long walk home one night when I was distracted talking to a friend.

Mmmm - fresh grapes. Strawberries may have failed me, but I just went downstairs to get myself a few nibbles for around my apartment and came back with lovely fresh and juicy grapes.

Don't really have much to do today. I should look through my France plans and make sure I haven't missed anything - but shoulds are shoulds and I feel like reading my book instead.

Just a normal weekend for me. Carry on.

No comments: