16 July 2006

non sequitors supreme

Ok - so painkillers with caffeine apparently have made my brain a bit hyper and jumpy today - it's highly entertaining. (Yes, I managed to somehow get my back hurt in my Fri night stair-slide - BAD YVETTE - bad Hoegaarden).

My non sequitors of the day that just keep rattling through my head begging to get out:
  • Never ever stay up till 5am talking to friends from the States and then expect to get up at a reasonable hour the following day.
  • I guess this means that getting out of the city will have to happen another weekend. C'est la vie. However, I only have 3 more "unplanned" weekends in Ireland and two of those I have to stay in Dublin (oncall for one of 'em and packing the other one). So how am I going to do the things still on my list? I guess I need to get myself to Galway that one other weekend - time to plan - except I can't remember what weekend I'm oncall - excellent.
  • I really really really want a cheese burger.
  • I want to go to Montana if I can right after I get back to the States - I just wanna relax there and see family. Yes, I'm insane to want to travel more right when I get back home.
  • I can't decide if I want to blog when I return to the states. The original intent of this blog was to avoid sending mass e-mails when people wanted updates - to let everyone choose what to read. However, it's been rather fun to blog here. So something to ponder ponder ponder.
  • I tried and failed to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 when I went out wandering today. Maybe some night this week since I'll need to unwind from oncall hell. Hopefully it'll be another quiet week like the last. But 2 weeks of back to back secondary is not my idea of heaven. Oh well, my primaries are smart and capable so hopefully I won't be needed for more than drudgery and question answering. *fingers crossed*
  • I'm going to go enjoy my dinner on my balcony now - it is absolutely brilliant out.
That's all - back to your regularly scheduled programming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two remarks:

1. as an observer (of kinds) of more than 50% of your recent misadventures, I have to admit to going 'ouch!' at one of them and being glad for you (at the time) that alcohol often masks pain until later (is that a blessing or a curse?) — although I was quite alarmed too at what might have been a more serious injury given poorer luck! I was relieved to see you brush off your accident with relative indifference.

2. You really like the phrase "non sequitur"! You've used it several times recently.

Non sequiturs arranged in a list are a kind of organised rambling; I seem to be better at the latter than the former, but the organised kind is probably easier to take in properly.

Back to your post: I hope you got that cheeseburger!

Unknown said...

1) Yes, more harm done than I thought when drunk. I'm glad alcohol numbs the pain, although I wish it didn't make me forget to hold onto handrails. If I hadn't been in such a rush to get home get home get home to safety might've been better off. I'm surprised given the staying power of this lovely "injury" that I didn't have any real reaction to it.

2) Yes, I've loved it since I learned it. And I have NO clue why. I think because I'm prone to throwing them into conversations - things like "I want a cheeseburger" are rather common things to happen in my brain in the midst of any sort of conversation.

kinda 3) I'll get my cheeseburger in a bit over a month. Although, if I figure out that I'm crazy and going to Montana - I'll be a holdout. Because you can't beat a fresh cow. Mmmmm......