07 May 2006

What to do on Sunday in Dublin?

So, although I was feeling utterly miserable, my cough had let up so I went to see The Fiery Furnaces last night at Whelan's. It was a great show and I loved the opener (Scissors for Lefty from San Fransisco).

Today, I'm not sure what I'm up to. I've been scouring for things I want to see and do in Dublin as well as in the rest of Ireland. I finally have an explorer for the rest of Ireland (although I'll probably go see Galway in the Inis Mor Cliffs another weekend since she's already seen them).

In other random news, I was thinking maybe I'd check out a movie since it's a very low-energy source of entertainment. In reading the reviews of a girlie movie, Tristan and Isolde I found the following line far to humorous:
Another major faux pas is that the Irish are depicted as organised bloodthirsty, slave trading warmongers. At no time in the history of this country were we organised.

Ahh - happy Sunday all. I'm off to debate movie versus getting myself ready to take a walk over to Trinity College to see if I can get in to see the Book of Kells.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah - they didn't mention when their next cd was coming out. But I was talking to the keyboard player after the show (I know!! What happened to introverted Yvette?) and I recommended that they hit up Seattle. It was such a great set.