09 May 2006

Hate Mail to my Nose

Dear nose,

Why did you suddenly regain your ability to smell and stop leaking? I mean, I'm happy about the lack of necessity for tissues - you are red eventhough I loved you with lotiony tissues.. but why do you have to smell? Couldn't you have waited until I got to work to regain your ability to inhale? I mean, wouldn't it be nice to walk by the Guiness Brewery for one more morning (because they only seem to use whatever part of the process smells unghastly in the morning) in utter blissful ignorance about the wretchedly nasty smell? That was the only reason I was ok with being sick - and I'm still sick - but you've given me back my sense of smell to taunt me with the gag-nasty zone that is my walk to work.

Nose, today you are not my friend - I'm glad you're raw from being sick - you deserve it for making me smell Guiness this morning.

With much scorn,
Yvette

ps - to people who are illegally reading my nose's mail. Yes, I am bitter about the smell of Guiness. It's just that bad.

No comments: