05 May 2006

TV in Ireland

My channel options are limited as I'm crashed on the couch whimperingly sick on my first full weekend in Ireland (exciting eh?)

However, I do have the following insights to share with my dear friends and family:
  • Beauty and the Geek: The geeks are still geeky, the beauties are still attractive and ditzy..... BUT - at least this time if you close your eyes the geeks have a sexy British accent. I made it through a whole five minutes before being disgusted with myself (I think I could make it through the US version for about 5 seconds if I really tried - but that's not one of my life's ambitions).
  • Friday Night with Jonathan Ross on BBC1: I found the most random late night talk show on BBC1 - but it rocks a lot - the host is hysterical. It's got the great British drawling sarcasm and the interviews were fun (as is this band that's currently playing - I didn't catch their name - dagnabbit). Keifer Sutherland and Kristin Davis were hysterical.
  • Shipwrecked Battle of the Islands:Hysterical remake of Survivor. It's like the rich kids version of it with more hookups, more stuff and completely twisted rules. Ahhh - the Brits and their take on reality tv - wonderful.

In other words, Irish TV is highly entertaining for a changeup - and whenever it starts to disappoint there's always the channel showing the original episodes of WB shows in syndication.....

No comments: