10 April 2006

*heart attack over housing*

I just got my temp housing assignment for Ireland. Helllllllooooo Hotel Yvette: Dublin. I'm so unfocused now.

My schedule (since I'm asked about it constantly):
- sometime around Tues April 25 drop my car off at Uncle Rick's (need to call and figure out when that's going to be exactly - could be Mon - could be Wed afternoon - we'll see!)
- morning of Wed April 26 packer/mover people make me a box or 2 to ship
- afternoon of Wed April 26 Yvette does prelim packing exercises and laundry
- 12:30pm Fri April 28 depart SeaTac for Dublin
- 8:30am Sat April 29 land in Dublin and go to my temp housing
- sometime Mon May 1 go to work for the first time at the Dublin office
- June 9th-ish Amy comes to visit for a few days
- August somethingish I take off for a week in France
- Labor-day-ish Susan, Ellen & Laura hopefully come visit
- late Sept - early Oct Mom visits for 2 weeks and Amy's parents for 1 of Mom's 2 weeks
- November sometime - return to the states

Other places I'm pondering travelling (I doubt I'll make all of these, but they're on the list of potential need to make plans for):
- all around Dublin
- Germany
- London
- Scotland
- Barcelona
- Greece
- Amsterdam

My living accomodations have been finalized. I'm staying in Dublin 1 which is the financial / shopping district that's at the heart of Downtown Dublin. It's a 15 min walk from work and a 5-10 minute walk from the fun parts of town according to my insider who already works in the Dublin office. I have a 2 bed / 1 bath furnished apartment. It's associated with the Clarion Hotel which is next door to the building so I get to use all their facilities as well. Hotel Yvette: Dublin - here I come!

So now I think that's everything other than getting all my packing done. Sah-weeeeet!

I'm psyched.

No comments: