26 April 2006

explosion of stuff

My room is a disaster area of piles. Everything's exactly where it needs to be, but I hope I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom or I might die tripping on a pile.

I spent the past 2-ish hours piling things - I systematically went through every corner of my room for necessities that I don't need the second I land and creature comforts and made piles and piles and piles. (my piles contain far too many shoes and books - hrmmm)

I'm petrified of going to Ireland at this point. Part of me wants to be like "nope, staying in Seattle, the city I love and adore" but I'm getting on that plane Friday morning. And tomorrow morning my stuff is being boxed up and I'm mailing the customs forms to Ireland.

I've spent my week at work doing paperwork. I didn't realize moving to a different country would be this much paperwork. I am completely inept at faxing a foreign country (especially if it's Ireland to sign my short term housing lease).

No comments: