02 October 2006

never judge a girl by her hair color

So I was waiting for the movie I was going to see last night (Little Miss Sunshine) - and it was starting later than advertised, so I stepped into the bar across the way from the theater. It was a pretty swanktastic lil' bar so I got a girlie drink to pass the hour I had to spare.

A little bit after I arrived, a nice looking guy approached me at the bar to say hi. We started chatting, and I was entertained by being hit on in a swanky bar with all the pretty people around, but didn't think much of it. However, the conversation will have me laughing for a long long time.

Let's just say he's new in town because he works "in technology." And apparently he wouldn't go into detail about what technology is because I "wouldn't get it." So mystery mystery mystery... I mean, a girl sitting at the bar with a cocktail in hand must never be able to understand anything about technology!

Except, when returning the "what do you do for a living?" questions in my direction, I was the painfully point-out-you-just-made-a-fool-of-yourself girl who said "oh, I work in technology. And apparently it's this mysterious field that I might not understand."

He looked abashed and I continued "I mean, if you want to judge a book by her cover, then I guess I couldn't really do tech."

"Oh, so do you work in marketing for Microsoft?"

DINGDINGDING! We have a winner boys and girls!!!

"Actually, I'm a software developer who didn't sell her soul to Microsoft." (as I thought to myself "how's your foot tasting? would you like some vinegar to make it taste a lil' better?")

He was a really nice guy and all that - I mean, for a guy walking up to me randomly in the bar, I could've done far far worse. But damn, that was just too funny. At least he made himself memorable even if I did taunt him with his assumptions all night when he was so excited that he could not edit himself to talk about tech gadgets and such.

Apparently women don't go for geek guys. Apparently I look like a ditzy blonde.

Hrmmmm....... Now aren't all of you out there who know me and the oddity of this situation giggling? I mean, this is far too funny for words.

No comments: