23 August 2006

well hello to you to pst time zone!

So, it's finally been over 24 hrs since I returned to the US. I can't believe I actually showed up in the office yesterday on what I'd guess was about 2 hrs of sleep. Sickness I tellya. And I even made it through till 6pm yesterday so that I could go out to dinner with a large group of great friends who welcomed me back to the states.

Granted, yesterday I wasn't supposed to do any work (about 2 hrs of work snuck in in the afternoon) but I answered the same welcome back questions over and over again. My desk had been raided by my coworkers who left their goods in an anonymous pile on the desk in the recent past knowing of my imminent return to the states. People were surprised to hear my voice or see me. I looked like crap twice over.. and somehow I managed to take the bus to work (but got a lift back to the house).

Don't know if my old work peeps miss me - but I'm oncall for the next 2 mins so they can't completely hate me since I took over 2 hours this morning (hey, I woke up at 7 before my alarm clock - and this after being up from 3-5 due to lack of sleepies).

But I feel much more rested.

Now I'm just scared of driving - because I'm still looking the "wrong" way when I cross the street. But my lovely car has been returned by it's fabulous baby sitters (thanks guys!!) and is begging me to drive it - specially since I need things like basic grocery goodnesses and to get my haircut this evening.

So yeah, I'm back in Seattle - it's pretty much the way I left it - I just missed the purty time of year since now it's overcast and gray out. But I'll deal since Ireland was worth it.

Ok - off oncall, so I'm safe to shower without wanting to throw my pager at something when I have shampoo in my hair and it goes off. Then, onto another boring day of work work work work work. At least the contrasts between the offices are amazingly apparent so that gives me pondering to use for procrastination.

No comments: