08 August 2006

safe in paris

I made it to Paris tre bien. (those of you that speak French, please pardon my butchering of the language that I don't actually know.)

The Med was lovely - I have blog entries to type up and post when I return from lazy evenings drinking wine and watching the sun set over the water with sand in my toes.

I'm currently resting my lil' toesies before I return to walking in Paris. Today's tourism is done and now it's wander time. I have a nutella crepe in hand - so I'm all set to go.

Although I did a whole lot of relaxing on the sand and swimming while in the Riviera I have more stories from that portion than from my train ride and day in Paris. Go figure!!

And I'm all chipper cause a visitor is joining me later this week in Paris only to be dragged to the top of the Eiffel Tower and to other random Parisienne spots du jour. Mostly I mention the Eiffel Tower due to my fear of heights and my determination to get to the top anyways - so I'm greatful for the distraction on the way up and as I shakingly approach the edge with stoic determination. Yes, I really really hate man made heights! Take me to the steps of Sacre Couer for a view that won't petrify me at first. At least I've finally given up going up the inside of cathedral domes due to the fact I never get over that one no matter how long I'm up there.

Ahhh - feetsies good to go again. Aur revior! (errr - adios since I know I'm spelling that right. And I'm slowly learning this French keyboard thingie)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're in Paris. When we went back in March, Chet only made it to the first level. I, however, went all the way up. It's a long ride (longer than you'd think) but well worth it. Plus, you can stay inside if you get really freaked. I vote for the fresh air, though. Hope you have a clear day!

Unknown said...

That's awesome - I'm so glad that you guys got to go back to Europe. Do you know when you'll next be able to since that seems like the new thing? But with Dewey you must have your hands full. Ooo - I have an e-mail to send you!

And I didn't end up making it up the Eiffel tower - I'm a complete wuss. I held out for the view from the steps of the Sacre Coeur.