23 May 2004

Eating in the Upper River Valley

Dartmouth is surrounded by excellent venues for dining. Of all sorts. There is not enough time in my 4 day retreat here to eat at all the establishments that I would like. There are even lovely new venues - two of which I've tried. However, this subtracts time I can spend eating in the old. However, last night I had a fusion of new and old in a very long eating jaunt.

The new:
  • The Canoe Club - bar and funky resteraunt. A bit overpriced, but the food was delicious - especially the chocolate raspberry martini (alcohol) and the chocolate martini (dessert - mousse). And the live music and ambience were wonderful.
  • The Wrap - all sorts of wraps which you can get with all sorts of options. And smoothies. Good option all around.
The old:
  • Murphy's - one of my favorites - an Irish pub. The bread bowl of clam chowder or stew - so yummy!!
  • Molly's - the one that I think I've been to the most - brick oven pizza, burgers, sandwhiches, pasta, and $2 margaritas that are very tasty.
  • Ramunto's - new york style sauce, garlic knot pizza - 'nuff said.
  • EBA's - also known as Everything But Anchovies is the local pizza joint - not as good as Ramunto's but caters to the college student. Everything's big and tasty and cheap and greasy and served late. They even cater to the fact that Dartmouth is so internet-friendly by having the best service given to the web site orders.
  • Lui Lui's - yummy italian and brick oven pizza.
  • Firestones - even better italian.
  • Sweet Tomatoes - yes, even better Italian - the great thing is that these 3 are very different in options and atmosphere.
  • India Queen - smile at the owner and look like a poor college kid to get free samosas. Order communally for 4 and you'll have enough to feed 8. So yummy. Chicken Shahi Korma babay!
  • Yama's - Korean deliciousness.
  • Jessi's - steakhouse goodness
  • Lou's and Lou's Truck Stop - diners owned locally that are DELICIOUS!
So we can definitely say I'm having trouble choosing food options. Which is why I let my friend's choose and just tell them that I won't repeat a resteraunt during my stay. Fair? Mk - time to eat. Yama's is next!

No comments: