22 January 2010

My Bucket List

I'm approaching the big THREE-ZERO this March and somehow this makes me think of the things I've done and want to do. I'm generally very good about going for my dreams even if they're totally nutty. Most of them are travel related - things I want to see or exeperience - some are life related... A lot of this list is more recent - aka post-college - however there are a few distinct memories from childhood of things I was convinced I must do, and since I've decided they were worth it. Let's see what's on my bucket list and what I've done....

From Childhood:
UndoneDone
  • Learn to figure skate (when I was 7 it was become a pro-figure skater; it's been downgraded)
  • Swim with dolphins - April 2010
  • Visit the Galapagos and see all it has to offer - June 2009
  • Visit the Grand Canyon - July 2005


General Travel (all the go-to's include touring the areas in general):
UndoneDone
  • Go to Australia
  • Go to Morocco
  • Go to Madagascar
  • Visit all 50 states
  • Go to Barcelona
  • Go to Scotland
  • Go to New Zealand
  • Go to Germany
  • Go to Switzerland
  • Go to Greece
  • Go to Thailand
  • Go to Singapore
  • Go to Tokyo
  • Go to Turkey
  • See the Pyramids
  • Visit the Taj Mahal
  • Go to Banff
  • Go to Mt St Helens
  • Visit Oregon Wine Country
  • Visit California Wine Country
  • Go to Patagonia
  • Go to Argentina
  • See the Great Wall of China - October 2000
  • Go to Spain - July 1995
  • Go to Paris - July 2006
  • Go to London - July 2006
  • Go to Japan - September 2000
  • Go to New Orleans - June 2004
  • Go to Glacier Park - Long ago in a galaxy known as my 2 year old brain (aka 1982); want a repeat
  • Go to Mt Rainier - October 2006 for the first time; then other times after that
  • Go to Yellowstone Park - Long ago in a galaxy known as my 4 year old brain (aka 1984); want a repeat
  • Visit San Francisco - August 2009
  • Visit Boulder, CO - March 2003
  • Visit Washington Wine Country - September 2007
  • Go on a safari in Africa - November 2000
  • Go to Ireland - I'm an overachiever since I've been lots of times starting in May 2006 with living there


Events to Experience:
UndoneDone
  • Attend the US Open (tennis)
  • Attend the Olympics in the USA
  • Attend Carnivale in Brazil
  • Take a bike tour of some wine country
  • Throw a suprise party for someone
  • Drive across the USA
  • Hug a panda
  • Hug a koala
  • Ski in Montana
  • Attend Wimbledon - July 2006 (Agassi's last Wimbledon - and I was there for his last match....)
  • Attend a bullfight - July 1995
  • Ski at Whistler - First time in March 2006, then a bunch of times after
  • Ski in Colorado - March 2003
  • Attend the Olympics in a foreign country - February 2010 @ Vancouver for 2 Women's Ice Hockey matches and Women's Curling USA v Canada


Life Learning and Experiences:
UndoneDone
  • Get a Masters Degree
  • Learn to surf
  • Take a wine tasting class
  • Own a german shepherd
  • Own a house with a hot tub (bonus points for at the same time as any doggie)
  • Learn to kayak - White water in September 1998; sea in June 2005 and I'm not good at either
  • Go white water rafting - September 2007
  • Go camping (Girl Scouts doesn't count) - September 1998
  • Learn to play tennis - Around the summer of 1987 although I'd like to take classes again
  • Get a Bachelors Degree - June 2002
  • Own a house - March 2008

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Visit Wine Country + Take a Bike Tour:

Those two can easily be knocked off with one trip to California. Just hop a Horizon flight into Sonoma County Airport, and you're in the heart of wine and biking heaven.